It's the middle of Winter in Australia, the perfect time of the year to warm up the body with a libido boosting elixir each morning (aka 'the modern day healthy hot chocolate'). Winter is a time where our body naturally craves warm nourishing drinks and food and my secret (or not so secret) cacao elixir does just that. Not only does it taste delicious, but it also helps boost libido and energy levels ... who would say no to that?!
So, why cacao? And what's in this drink that makes it 'libido boosting'? Well, here's the low down on the specific ingredients:
- Cacao - opens the heart and allows for a deeper, authentic love based connection with yourself, others, the world and all of life. Drinking cacao enhances creativity, and creative energy is the same as sexual energy! Raw cacao is also known to act as an aphrodisiac if consumed regularly.
- Mason's Mushrooms - a specialty blend of eight of the world’s greatest and most powerful medicinal mushrooms. Medicinal mushrooms are known to increase endurance, stamina and performance, combat sexual dysfunction, maintain a youthful sex-drive in both women and men, balance and increase sex hormones, and heal the effects of stress. YES PLEASE to all of that!
- Maca - known in Peru as 'nature's viagra'. This superfood is used as a sexual tonic, energy booster and fertility enhancer (it's also great to balance hormones and help with menstrual moods and discomfort).
_ _ _
Juliet's Libido Boosting Cacao Elixir
- 1 Tablespoon of Ceremonial grade cacao (I use Sacred Mayan) OR 1 - 2 teaspoons of organic cacao powder (I use this one)
- 1 teaspoon of Superfeast Mason's Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of MACA powder
- 1 Cup of Almond or Coconut Milk
- Honey to taste
Add milk to pan and begin to heat on low. Add cacao, Mason's Mushrooms, MACA and honey. Stir and heat until HOT. Do not let it boil, take it off the heat as soon as it begins to simmer.
Blend in a blender (you don't have to do this, but I recommend it because it blends all the ingredients together and makes it's fluffy and extra YUM).
Love, Juliet xo